Welcome!

Welcome to my little wedge of the Internet!
I have been told I exude too many endorphines (not possible!) thus the name of my blog!







Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Good customer service


This weekend when we were in Bothell we ate at a restaurant called Canyons. We went not really knowing at all what would be served - we just like the way the building looked.  There were old-time cave type drawings on the outside of the building and it intrigued us.

Once inside we knew we had made the correct choice.... the food looked amazing! We opted to sit just inside the bar so we could sit at one of the high tables (we are snobby like that). This meant that our waiter was the bartender and he only had one other table to take care of.

We ordered - Jessye got enchiladas, no sour cream, hold the meat, light on the cheese.  I got a Thai Peanut Sauce Chicken Wrap.  While we were waiting for our food the waiter came back to confirm with Jessye whether she was vegan/vegetarian.  She said she was not really either.. just preferred her food that way today.  He said - "Good, I am going to tell them that you want the mexican rice then. It is cooked in chicken broth and they were going to give you plain white rice because they thought you were vegetarian. But the Mexican rice --- you need it. It is amazing."  Jessye & I were soooo impressed. Most restaurants really do not consider things like that.  It never even crosses their mind.  We praised the poor boy so much he was embarrassed I think. 



This of course brought Jessye and I around to the topic of customer service & vegetarianism.  When we were younger (like 10 years ago) and we would go out to eat with our parents they would say that we wanted the vegetarian option and we would get the *craziest* looks.  No one knew what that meant.  Now days if you ask for a vegetarian/vegan option and the restaurant does not offer it the customer, not the waiter, if the one giving the *craziest* look!  I like this switch!

No comments:

Post a Comment